S.C.E is the home of eventers Samantha Cesnik and Chris Height, located in Coldstream in Victoria’s Yarra Valley (AUS) both riders work from Spring Creek Farm training and teaching, horses and riders of all abilities. Spanning 35 acres, our facility incorporates an indoor riding arena, water treadmill, XC Course, extensive private paddocks, 10 stables and associated infrastructure allowing us housing 30+ horses at any one time. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of personalized service and care to our clients across the key areas of our business- Agistment, Horse Training & Sales, Injury Rehabilitation and Coaching.
Commencing in June 2021 we are excited to be seeking a Stable Manager / Head Staff to join our small but hard-working team. This important role will provide continuity of care for horses on a day-to-day basis supporting our Head Riders, our Clients and our Property. You will join in and assist with the management of our small team including two working students, casual overflow staff and interns/ work experience students. We have excellent staff retention and work hard to keep overtime to a minimum. There is opportunity for international applicants to have a horse while with us and potentially some competition riding opportunities, however the role is predominantly a management role running our eventing/rehabilitation stable and competition horses.
Key Duties Include
· Overseeing daily running of the barn
· Operating the water treadmill for internal and external clients
· Management/ checking of rehabilitation horses and provision of daily medications, dressing changes, etc…
· Daily barn chores – feeding, mucking out, tack cleaning, sweeping etc...
· Tacking up and untacking of horses
· Preparation of competition of horses, including plaiting up, clipping, etc…
· Staff and client management when appropriate
· Riding work is possible with the right experience as is some competition riding.
We are looking for someone with the below attributes:
· Experience working in/ managing a competition stable (preferably eventing based)
· A very high attention to detail and tidy approach is essential
· A strong work ethic, with a focus on getting the job done effectively and efficiently
· A team player with a sense of humour and a strong practical approach to problem solving
· A driver’s license, ideally manual and experience towing a horse trailer.
Well regarded but not essential:
· Equine qualifications
· Previous experience in equine rehabilitation experience
· Previous farm management experience
Brand new furnished, 2-bedroom self-contained apartment on premises, to be shared with one other employee. Fortnightly cleaner and all utilities included in package, use of a car available if required.
Conditions of work
This is a paid position including work cover, superannuation and statutory leave requirements, this position is live in. You will be required to work Monday to Friday and some weekends. Attendance at competitions is desired but not essential, appropriate extra pay and time off applies. Working holiday visa holders will be considered, sponsorship is not available at this stage.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond to your enquiries via email. To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com Please note applications without an attached resume will not be considered.