S.C.E is the home of eventers Samantha Cesnik and Chris Height, located in Coldstream in the Yarra Valley both riders work from Spring Creek Farm training and teaching, horses and riders of all abilities. Spanning 35 acres, our facility incorporates an indoor riding arena, water treadmill, extensive private paddocks, 10 stables and associated infrastructure, housing 20+ horses at any one time. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of personalized service and care to our clients across the key areas of our business- agistment, horse training & sales, injury rehabilitation and coaching.
This important role will provides continuity of care for horses on a day to day basis supporting Chris, Sam, our Clients and our Property.
Key Duties Include
· Daily barn chores – feeding, mucking out, tack cleaning, sweeping etc...
· Tacking up and untacking of horses
· Riding of clients horses and competitive horses as appropriate
· Horse health management and provision of daily medication
· Support of riders when cross country schooling or attending lessons or clinics.
· Preparation of competition of horses
· Staff and client management when appropriate
We are looking for someone with the below attributes:
· A desire to compete at 5* eventing level and make horses your career
· A really good attitude toward learning and improving
· Minimum 6 month commitment to the role
· Experience competing in eventing at 95cm/pony-club grade 2 level or higher
· A strong work ethic, with a focus on getting the job done effectively and efficiently
· Excellent attention to detail in all that you do
· Completion of year 10 schooling
· Be a team player with a sense of humor!
Conditions of work
Please see our ‘working student fact sheet’ for more information, please note you need to be 18 years or older to be considered. Enquiries to email@example.com, we will respond to your enquiries via email.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the below questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications without a resume, cover letter and responses to the below questions will not be considered.
Cover letter questions:
Why do you want to work for us?
What are your short and long term riding goals?
What level are you currently riding at?
Why do you think you’d be a good working student?
Describe the job of a ‘working student’ in your own words:
Please see the bottom of the page for Position Description and Fact Sheet downloads. Fact sheet includes pay details and inclusions.
Check out this great video where Dom Schramm tells us about the role in his stables. Dom started as a working student here in Australia under Chris Burton and now runs his own successful stable in the USA.